Central Africa Govt Says 61 Dead And 300 Wounded In September Clash




Bangui (Central African Republic) (AFP) - More than 60 people died and 300 were hurt in clashes in the Central African capital of Bangui late last month, the government said Monday.


Earlier estimates put the number of fatalities at about 40.

"The latest toll from the violence established by hospital sources is 61 dead and 300 hurt," said a statement from the Minister of Public Safety, Dominique Said Panguindji.

The clashes began on September 26 after the murder of a Muslim driver before spreading to several districts of Bangui until French troops and UN peacekeepers brought the situation under control.

( AFP )
Share on Google Plus

About Naijadopest

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Do not use this forum as a channel to promote hatred, tribalism or any other kind of personal grievances. The administration can delete or edit a post that violates these guidelines. Keep the posts relevant to the topic in an attempt to keep the forum organised and maintain the focus on each topic. Thank you for your understanding.